Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Orion Rules!

Just a few words tonight to meet deadline: hadda go to a "work thing" tonight and shmooze the area glitterati; the food was good, the wine was better than these things usually have. Unfortunately I had to miss Lost which has been intriguing so far and I wanted to see what happened with Walt's dad and the "Others" -- I guess I'll read the recap on the website tomorrow.

Not much to say here; along with the below-mentioned Godland I pulled Orion #'s 11-13 out of the dollar bin at the Comic Book Shop the other day; I am now one issue away from the complete run of one of the few decent spinoffs of Kirby's Fourth World and really probably the best of them all. Walt Simonson, always at home with the gritty and mythic, gives the best take on the Darkseid / Orion relationship I've seen, and these particular issues where Orion masters the long-sought Anti-Life Equation and uses it to subdue both Apokolips and Earth are very exciting. This was a great series start to finish and Simonson is a force to be reckoned with on this kind of material. These three even manage to fit in a nice Billy Batson / Captain Marvel cameo.

I think the first five issues of this series are available in a trade, otherwise you may have to haunt the back issue bins. But I have found overall that the effort is worth it. Too tired to put up scans, maybe tomorrow. And now I am going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home